This Christmas we decided to create an unique Christmas Tree. We handcrafted it from wood, strings, fairy lights and cool decorations.
We wanted to have a Christmas tree that is easy to mount, does not take a lot of space and that can be used in a home with a small child and a cat.
We all know how crazy cats get when it comes to traditional Christmas trees and the combination between a cat and a small child inside the same roof with a traditional Christmas tree is sometimes fatal for the tree. 🙂
Here is our result:
Our unique, easy to assemble out of the box Christmas tree is made of:
- 8 pieces of round wood (first we wanted to gather some tree branches from the forest but we found cool round wood in a hardware store so that saved us a trip to the forest) we chopped the wood and applied a coat of chestnut color varnish for a nice finishing look;
- a recycled star decoration for the top that was painted in gold;
- mini laundry pliers that were hot glued to the wood – a cool and rustic way to hang decorations;
- led fairy lights for a magical effect;
- some silver and gold stars (about 2.5cm) hot glued on a rustic string;
- one set of wooden angels decoration with red/white colors;
- 3 metallic tree decorations that we painted in gold
- 3 metallic stars decorations that we painted in gold
- 3 decorations: reindeer, angel girl, Santa
- 1 home decoration painted in gold
- some red and gold small round glass decorations
That is it! And the result is a magical tree on golden and red tones that is safe from the cat, safe from the naughty kid and ads a magical feeling to our home.
See below more images with details from the non-conventional Christmas tree we made this year:
It took us about 20-25 minutes to assemble after we had all the components together and we just placed it on a wall in our home saving up space and having a REALLY COOL Christmas decoration.
We hope you have enjoyed this post as much as we have enjoyed making this Christmas decoration. For next year’s Christmas season we will launch a handmade product customized Christmas tree. (This season we only accept custom orders from Romania (orders accepted until 18.12) – or orders from Europe accepted until 15.12 – to be able to ship it and to be received by Christmas Eve )
Enjoy Small Things, Handcrafted with Love in Romania!